Progressive web application name itself tells that it is a progress in the web application and that’s true these progressive web apps are a combination of both web app and native app. A native app is an app that is present at the play store and can be installed only from there. Progressive web apps function the same as native apps and you no longer need to install it from the play store.
The progressive web app is like a normal web page in the browser that works similarly like an app from installing from the app store.
The important standard of Progressive web applications is as follows.
The investment cost incurred is lower through websites than that of the native apps. So, making websites is preferable by some. But now these progressive web apps will attract more users and that on a low cost.
Mobile users are increasing tremendously over the years. Many e-commerce websites have abandoned their websites and have started working more on their apps to reach a wider audience and get the target audience easily.
Progressive web applications provide a flawless end to end user experiences even in a weak internet connection.
Importance of Progressive Web Apps
When a user browses a website and finds it interesting to use, they feel like installing the same app from the play store. They need to visit play store and then install the app in the mobile that is a lengthy process. Whereas if we talk about PWA, these type of web apps gives the user experience similar as of app installed on the device. The website which is converted into a mobile app looks the same. You can read more on why to convert a website into a mobile app. The user interface of these websites is similar to that of native apps, therefore, eliminates the unnecessary waste of time in installing the app on the device. PWAs are supported by major search engines like opera, chrome and will be supported soon by more.
The Unique Features of Progressive web applications that attract the user to use them
- These websites are responsive in nature, therefore, it fits on any devices such as desktop, laptop, phones, tablets, & etc.
- PWA doesn’t always need internet connection always once the user saves the page locally on their browser to access them on offline mode or slow connection. These apps are faster than native apps.
- Progressive web apps are discoverable easily in search engines than other websites or native app in the play store.
- PWA is easy to quickly update its latest features itself even before the user opens the website.
- These apps are more like a natural app in which user engagement is the ultimate goal similarly these PWA also captures the user attention by providing the attractive user experience.
- Progressive web applications are safer than native apps because each network requests is intercepted by the service providers and are served via HTTPS ensuring security.
- PWA is easily sharable than native apps. These apps have a URL or an address to a web page that helps you to share the exact page that you are viewing with your friends.
Progressive web applications are the best as they provide the users with a great experience and work in offline mode too. What else a user needs? A web application that doesn’t need to be installed still provides you all the features like a native app. The acquisition cost of these apps is less than native apps and is easy to rank. PWA loads instantly and works efficiently providing a great experience to the user.